This forum is for discussing books, photos and DVDs related to Redmire, including anything in our <a href="/gallery">gallery</a>.
#13934 by duce
Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:28 am
Xmas has come early! The postman has just delivered my copy of The Lost Diary! That's my holiday reading sorted out! :D

#13935 by rob major
Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 pm
same here i down loaded the pdf as well so i dont have to ruin the hardback.
looking forward to reading it :D

#13936 by Nick
Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:46 pm
Is it just me, or is it a bit strange the signed ones are gone, but not the unsigned?

I can sell you Chis' address for a cockle, get it signed in person!!

YES, that was my attempt at humour!!!!!

#13937 by Nick
Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:42 pm
I'm soooooooo sorry to post this.

Got my copy delivered today too.

Am I the only one that is disappointed? It's very small page size (A5?) and there are 140 pages of actual interest. No Dust jacket either. Huge margins and large font.

Sorry Chris, I'm used to more from you. :-(

4 out of 10 from me.

#13944 by SPLITCANE
Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:41 pm
Are you saying Nick that maybe it is one that should have stayed 'Lost'?
One book to get on is 'A Fool and his Eel' by Mark Walsingham. A large book, 400+ pages, Redmire, Golden Scales Club, Ashmead, the forward by CY, beautiful photography and drawings by David Miller and wonderfully written. A Christmas cracker and also a bargin at the moment for just over £15 at Coch Y Bonddu books. It even has the same end plates as the 'Lost Diary'? That is spooky.

And a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New to all at Redmire and fellow forumites.

#13945 by Nick
Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm
Most certainly not. It's great that it's been published. But it's just not the well put together. That's just my personal opinion though.

Font is actually not as big as I first thought either, so I am happy to put that record straight.

I'm sure when I get round to reading the content I'll be happier, and it's the content that really matters!!!