This forum is for discussing books, photos and DVDs related to Redmire, including anything in our <a href="/gallery">gallery</a>.
#14806 by Nick
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:53 am
I spent a most enjoyable hour in the company of Chris Yates listening to his talk at the Soho Literary Festival last night.

I was very surprised there weren't more people there to share what turned out to be a fun and most informative hour listening to Chris speaking about his books "The Lost Diary" and "Nightwalk" amongst other subjects.

Chris, as always, held everyone's attention with his tales and recollections of the 2 books, and how they came about. As well as discussing things such as his 3 favourite angling books, and how to get to Redmire by his secret route.

The secret route is now long overgrown (something Chris was a little taken aback to hear I suspect) and he had a wry smile on his face when I revealed that to him.

But as I say, I had a most enjoyable time at the talk, and I still cannot work out why there were only 40 or so people there to hear it, in an auditorium that could have comfortably seated 100+ :?:
#14808 by Nick
Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:51 am
I only knew about it cause I got an email from Unbound, the firm that published The Lost Diary. I had assumed that they would have sent the same email to everyone that bought that book off them.

Perhaps they never. :oops: