This forum is where to ask about bookings, rules, and what you need to know before visiting Redmire.
#15223 by Bankcreeper
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:49 pm
I've got a session booked on in December and I've got a couple of questions how foes it generally fish in winter also does anyone know the ph level of the water an obscure question but I like to know for my own fishing reasons. I really can't wait now and I've got 11 months to wait to get to the place it's a session I've waited for 28 years for so you can imagine I'm a little excited lol
#15224 by duce
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 pm
I have fished the pool a couple of times in winter (nov & feb). Weather was bad both times. I managed to blank but fish were caught while i was there. One on a zig in feb and 2 on choddies in nov. When you look through the facebook page there are a fair few caught in winter so always in with a chance. Good luck :)
#15225 by Nick
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:07 pm
There are loads of older posts on this site about fishing the pool in winter. Simply do a search and read them. There is no shortage of information contained within those posts.

Redmire fishes in the winter when the conditions are right. Obviously there are times when it looks like you’ll never see a fish again, but those that adapt and endure are generally those that get a fish or two to the bank.

As for PH levels, I’m afraid that’s a new one on me, and I really have no idea what it might be.

Why PH level though? I’m intrigued. :shock:
#15226 by Bankcreeper
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:08 pm
Thanks for the replies the reason I ask about the ph levels is I like to know if it's high in acidity or alkalinity or a neutral ph so I can adjust and suit my bait accordingly it's just a personal thing really
#15227 by Nick
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:09 pm
Gone are the days for me now of making baits and tweaking additives. I'm lucky enough to get a great deal on ready made baits from one of the big bait firms.

As I got older I just couldn't be bothered with the time it took to make my own bait. Might not catch as many fish now, but I still get my fair share, and enough to keep me happy and make it all worthwhile.

Each to their own, and more power to your elbow for the time and effort you put in.
#15228 by Bankcreeper
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm
I don't really roll my own baits apart from high attract popups it's more to do with the things I put with my free offerings ie liquids etc the bigger the food signal the better the pull or that's what I try to create lol, I'm just a little excited at being able to finally tick it off my long awaited list and hopefully I'll get many more chances to fish it in the future