This forum is for discussing anything to do with Redmire Pool.
#15192 by Gman81
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:34 pm
How is the pool fishing recently ? Not much on the forum ?
Anyone been on lately & how's the weed situation?
#15193 by Nick
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:08 am
I'm currently fishing the pool, and looking at the log, it can be very hit and miss.

Only one 30lb+ fish reported in the log so far this season, but it appears not every angler fishing the pool is completing the log.

Biggest we've had this week, so far, is 28lb 12oz

No weed in the pool, just the odd dead bit on the bottom, but very minimal.

Might explain why it is so patchy regarding captures as, in my 25+ years of fishing the pool, it never fishes as good without any weed in the pool.
#15194 by Gman81
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:42 pm
No way I expected a lot of weed when I fish it later on this month, it's disappointing people aren't filling in the log, at least your catching fish even though it's a little slow.
Good luck for the rest of your trip :D
#15195 by Ray
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am
Good to see someone using the forum...
I am visiting the pool this weekend with my son's and friend....cant wait !!!
Is it "allowed" to ask for any clues to showing areas, methods baits etc...
First time fishing the pool in the Autumn so curious if fish activity is vastly different from the summer months...
Congrats on the 28lb 12oz...
Being there with my friends and son's is enough...a fish will be a bonus !!
#15196 by Nick
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:35 pm
Hello Ray.

I would suggest using the search facility to look through old posts asking pretty much the same thing. Loads of info already shared on the subject and detailed in previous posts.

The truth is, there is no magic formula for catching Redmire fish. If you just use the same tactics and techniques that catch you fish wherever you usually fish, and if the carp gods are smiling on you, you will catch at Redmire too. That is of course as long as they are 'having it'.

Watch the water, obviously, and ALWAYS keep an eye on the shallows. The resident swans can be a pest if you try to use floaters or if you bait up in less than about 4 and a 1/2 foot of water. If you do decide to bait up in shallower water than that, just be aware of where the swans are at all times as the last thing you need is to hook one of them buggers. Can be hard work, though very entertaining for the others on the pool. :roll:

Over recent seasons October and November have been amongst the best months for fish captures. At least according to the old Redmire Logs, which is where most anglers write of their observations and captures during their session.

But most importantly, just enjoy. Time flies by faster at Redmire than anywhere else I have ever been.